Every parent needs to develop a child’s self-esteem. We have always heard elders saying that we should always appreciate our kids to boost their self-esteem. Before I start with this topic I have a simple question – don’t we also feel good when our parents or our spouse or our boss appreciate ourself in front of others. When we can feel wonderful being adults, then our kids are still too young and it is really easy to make them happy. It is our duty being their parents to take care of their self-esteem. Parents always have a special bond with a child therefore non-other than you can help your kids to boost their self-esteem.
“A most simple tip to boost your child’s self-esteem is to make them HAPPY”
Here are a few tips which will help you build the child’s self-esteem
- Try to appreciate your kid for whatever he has been doing or he has done.
- Small words like wow, wonderful, amazing, beautiful can work well. Just try them and see how happy your kid will feel.
- Teach your child to care for others and teach them how they will feel good then when others are happy.
- Most important teach them to appreciate others and their good work.
- Don’t shout or make him feel guilty if he has done something wrong.
- Teach them the importance of greeting friends and adults. It will help them to establish a good repo which will help them to develop a wonderful relationship which automatically will help in building their self-esteem.
- Let them help around the house. Appreciate them for their help.
- Provide clear, but not critical, feedback. Kids are too your to understand the criticism and take it positively.
- Teach your kid that mistakes are learning experiences.
- Talking openly with your kids can help boost confidence and self-esteem.
You may also like: POSITIVE DISCIPLINE: NEED OF AN HOUR FOR PARENTS
Our Most Viewed Page: